Clear Ceramic Braces
Clear ceramic braces are a practical alternative to traditional braces, offering the same smile-enhancing benefits without the noticeable look of metal.
Just like traditional braces, clear ceramic braces feature two important components: First, a clear or tooth-colored bracket is attached to each tooth. Next, we thread a tooth-colored wire through the brackets. The brackets may be made of a variety of ceramic and composite materials, but you will usually hear us refer to them as “ceramic”. Please Note: because these materials are more brittle and sensitive to breakage than stainless steel, a lighter force is used on your teeth during treatment, which may result in a slightly longer treatment time.
To discuss a clear braces solution in the Central Florida area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For more information on various Clear Braces solutions, feel free to visit companies like Invisalign.
- Clear brace solutions use a series of clear removable appliances to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The appliances are made through a combination of Dr. Weeks or ‘s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of appliances for almost 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each appliance with the next in the prescribed series, your teeth will incrementally move, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Weeks or has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Weeks or about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time may average 9 – 15 months and the average number of appliances worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
More information is available, please visit our Living with Braces page or give us a call.